Why do we want volunteers?
Obviously having free workers are a bonus, but one of our main reasons for having volunteers is to provide a way for those that absolutely cannot afford the conference to be able to have a way to join us!
Give us your new graduates, those that were laid off, and those without 2 nickels to rub together!
We feel that having volunteers from the community, is better than giving away free tickets for nothing. Why not help support the community by working the registration desk or helping film sessions?
The point behind 360 conferences is to have an affordable event that the majority of people can come to!
The ability to need and have volunteers helps make that desired outcome of affordability even more possible for even more people to come! Plus it’s a great way to help out community members who need it.
If you just want to save a few bucks you don’t necessarily fit the bill. Think of those less fortunate than you! We’re is always tossing out discount codes, watch the blog and the twitter account!
What do I need to do if I’m a volunteer?
- We need you to be available Saturday thru Wednesday.
- We need everyone the Saturday prior to the conference for badge assembly, and swag assembly, to get familiar with the location, and we are setting up the schedule that day – pick your sessions you want to see!
- We need people Sunday to run the Registration desk. This is your training for monday when the masses invade! There are 3 shifts, 7am-noon, noon-5, and 5-8.
- Monday thru Wednesday we need people to run the Registration desk as well as help speakers, count attendees, and do timer countdown at the end of each session. You will be assigned to either the desk or a session.
- Sunday and Monday you will need to arrive at 7:30.
- Tuesday you will need to arrive at 8.
- Wednesday you will need to arrive at 9.
- Everyone needs to regroup at the end of each day to put all the reg desk stuff away, and Wednesday to do final wrap up and boxing of all left over supplies.
We need everyone to stay in the hotel – due to complication with other volunteers at other conferences, we can’t risk traffic, over sleeping etc… Chat with us if this is an issue.
What do you get to do?
- You get free admission to the conference and all the swag!
- When you are not assigned to a specific session or the reg desk – you are free to do as you wish.
- You get lunch!
- You get to mingle at all the parties (unless you are working the desk on sunday)
- You get to meet a ton of people during registration!
- You get a cool badge
- You get to say you know the guys that run 360 Conference
We really want you to get something out of the conference! We want you to have fun and learn a ton!
If you think you can hack it – apply by emailing us with all the information below. (info AT 360idev DOT com)
Where are you in iOS development? (apps in the store? Just learning? etc)
Reason for wanting to be a volunteer: